Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have has my 2019 1.0 ltr Vitara for a few months now and find the steering to be very light to the point of seemingly to have to really work to keep it in a straight line I have read about it being a bit twitchy is this normal

Many thanks

·
Administrator
16,140 Posts
Newer vehicles use electric power steering, if what you're accustomed to is no power steering or the older hydraulic power steering, then yes, light & twitchy will be the first impression, you'll eventually get accustomed to it - my challenge comes because I switch between multiple vehicles each with it's own "feel".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply but i still think its rather light even in comparison to a 2020 suzuki swift I drove the other day Its very responsive but feels just to light.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,095 Posts
Check your tire pressure...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks will do have only had car a few months and i just assumed dealer would have done that

·
Registered
474 Posts
Your dealer may well have checked the tyre pressures but you still need to do it yourself as it’s affected by temperature amongst other things.

You should also look in the manual regarding the differences between Eco and Comfort tyre pressures as there are significant differences which will affect the feel of the car. My preference is to run at Comfort settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts