Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi , i have an Ignis allgrip GL+ 2017 i have similar issues with the gear box the 1rst is difficult to engage many times and when is engaged the sense is not smooth i like having a 2 step engaging .
For reverse the same , but for reverse in order not to squeak i have i work around which when stop from moving wait 5 secs and then press clutch and engage reverse . An how i am really disappointed with the gear box i am seriously thinking to sell it .
There is an issue with reverse gear on many cars - you need to take it slowly or momentarily select a forward gear first to avoid crunching.
Difficult engagement of forward gears is often a clutch issue and the first thing is to ensure correct pedal height and free play. If nothing seems to improve the situation, I'd replace the gearbox oil with Redline MT-LV. This is formulated to improve difficult gear- changes. Kia manual gearboxes were notoriously bad a few years back with notchy changes and Redline was a well known cure. You can read the background on the Redline website- essentially you want a gear oil with good lubrication properties but limited "slipiness" to aid in good synchromesh operation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For me it's faster to engage first the 3rd then move to rear gear.
This can be done even the car hasn't stopped completely and everytime the gear is selected very nicely!
This then becomes a habit and so no issue.
As for the first difficulty, I assume you need to check clutch and oil as said before.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Someone mentioned here before, which works for me too. If you putting into reverse don't push the lever to hard to the right. Literally a soft small nudge to the right from neutral and then down and it usually goes in reverse pretty easy without any crrrr sounds

21 - 24 of 24 Posts