Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The USB connector in the box between the seats has disappeared down the hole it should sit in into the void below. Is there any easy way to get into the void to retrieve it? That part of the centre console looks to be one large moulding but surely there must be an easier way of getting in than dismantling the whole console?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
nope, the whole console comes out. its reasonably simple to do (clips and a screwdriver) just a pain with what else has to be removed to get to the console screws.

you could try fishing it out with wire and a torch but you have to get to the back of it to clip it in so either way, you still have to get to the underside.

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried fishing but, as you say, I need to get under anyway. Looks a lot of work in taking the whole thing out. Following a response on FB it does look as if the handbrake surround is separate but the silver gear shift surround would have to come off first. I have no idea where the clips are or how delicate these things are. Its the wife's new car so can't risk damaging it, will have to leave it to the dealer (when we can travel). If anyone has any info on how the clips are or how to prise the parts off I would be interested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, took the brave pill and went for it with the trim tools. The handbrake cover did not seem to want to separate so went for the whole thing. The screws at the rear base of the console were a pain as they are thread locked and have soft heads! I then found that there must be a trim collar/escutcheon to go on top and hold the USB in and that is missing so had to put it all back again. At least I am learning how to take this thing apart!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I need the full USB head, I think its Part No 39105-54P00. Found a new one on ebay but quite expensive, are there any recommended parts suppliers (new or second hand) for these cars?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was sent a new USB socket by the dealer and fitted it. Not easy as they do not leave much spare cable and you need to get two hands into the little box area to hold the USB head and get the plug in. A 6" longer cable would have helped.
However, plugging the phone in does not do anything (it has Android Auto and Mirror apps). Checking the 'settings' in the infotainment unit it says 'USB not connected'. Not sure where to go from here.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Was sent a new USB socket by the dealer and fitted it. Not easy as they do not leave much spare cable and you need to get two hands into the little box area to hold the USB head and get the plug in. A 6" longer cable would have helped.
However, plugging the phone in does not do anything (it has Android Auto and Mirror apps). Checking the 'settings' in the infotainment unit it says 'USB not connected'. Not sure where to go from here.
make sure your phone has "USB debugging" activated in the "developer options" menu. if its a samsung phone, google how to find the developer options menu.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, got it working. Had to update the Infotainment software (thanks to the guys in the VivaVitara forum for the update and support). Now just need to find out what I can do with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts