1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
It looks dopey in those pictures, from what I can see of it anyway.

Its probably going to regress to being something like a Rav4 or CRV and not a real off road alternative to the big boys, like it used to be.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
...Its probably going to regress to being something like a Rav4 or CRV ...
Well, they're already in that very-competitive market anyway, so it's no surprise that Suzuki need to update their only relevant product.

The change is really only significant to the few customers that expect to do significant off-roading or appreciate the advantages of the current drivetrain.

Once you accept (or like most, don't know or care) that an on-demand AWD system is acceptable then you would hard-pressed to go with the current offering. The Skoda Yeti / VW Tiguan is a superb design for space utilization.

Suzuki could do what Jeep have done with the new Cherokee Trailhawk, use a unique AWD system that still gives good off road ability but I think they don't have the same customers, or the same reputation to maintain.

·
Registered
863 Posts

I think they don't have the same customers, or the same reputation to maintain.
why would you think of like that....suzuki has really strong position in the rest of the world besides the NA....:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
why would you think of like that....suzuki has really strong position in the rest of the world besides the NA....:D
Hmm, not sure what your'e asking, could you clarify? I don't live in NA, well not for the last decade.

Jeeps are sold worldwide and rely on their reputation for off-road vehicles while Suzuki not nearly as much. So Suzuki will suffer little if the new GV turns out to have on-demand AWD.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
im planing to exchange ours GV on X6 disel or rubicon safari 5drs disel whatever will love my wife:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
+1

I also have a feeling that this vehicle will be placed between the GV and the Jimny.
To quote the article " Suzuki is getting ready to launch a much-needed replacement for the aged Grand Vitara."

The recently released X-Cross AWD already fits between the Jimny and GV. And not a chance for another V6, they are falling out of favor in general outside of NA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.