Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2014 Grand Vitara which I have owned since new.
It has the infotainment double din/Garmin sat nav installed.
My partner went to use the car one morning and found floating cross hairs on the screen.
After working through that we now have a window popping up saying 'can't unlock maps'.
So we don't have maps.
I've been to the dealer who decided that the issue was with the SD card pickups as they couldn't access the radio to get info or do updates.
They then suggested I need to replace the radio unit.
I have been online to find out more and when I use an SD card I get the notice saying 'failed to create Garmin update card...could not write to SD card'.
I've been in touch with Garmin and even using a formatted SD card and program that they suggested I get the same results.
I don't believe the SD card pick ups are faulty as the issue with not being able to unlock the maps only happened after the cross hairs appeared.
I'm thinking something inside the unit is locked but Garmin cannot help so I'm hoping someone knows of this happening before and has found a solution.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
mine did the same, cross hairs and reboot loop, got it out of that then the SD card reader wouldn't work to make an update card.
Went and bought a decent head unit, android based and use a stick on navman with free map updates. better stereo and none of the garmin crap nag screens about out of date maps every 28 days. New hed unit has igo nav, which isn't too bad.
and the reversing camera is "instant on" so no waiting for it to boot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts