Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the alternator which required removing intake manifold and fuel rail to remove from the top of engine (apparently the only way to get alternator out on 2013 sx4). But now putting things back and replaced the intake manifold gaskets but need the torque specs for the intake bolts.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Fill up your profile/signature with all details so replies can be relevant whenever you come back. model (sedan, hatchback), trim, mileage, AWD? AUto, manual ? Location... since they are not the same the world over and do not have the same engine........

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
and depending on the configuration, the alternator can usually be removed from the bottom, need to unbolt and move a bit of stuff but its easier than taking off the intake manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I watched the you tube on removing alternator on a 2009 sx4, and tried that but there was no way it was coming out without disassembly of major suspension parts. Found somewhere on the net that for 2013 sx4 you need to reach alternator from the top and while it was a pain it was doable.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Ok I updated my info under about me so you should see that now. Thanks
nope, no info to be seen.
You might have to set your signature as "visible on all posts" for us to see it.

Yes you do need to drop the suspension components, but I find it easier than removing all the inlet manifold and associated stuff. Either way, its in a stupid location.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts