Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I am trying to install a line out converter into my 2013 Suzuki sx4 hatchback, but I can't seem to find the wiring diagrams for my radio harness anywhere. Just need to make sure I'm splicing the right colored wires. Not sure if anybody can help point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hello everybody! I am trying to install a line out converter into my 2013 Suzuki sx4 hatchback, but I can't seem to find the wiring diagrams for my radio harness anywhere. Just need to make sure I'm splicing the right colored wires. Not sure if anybody can help point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated!
what are you after? the speaker output wiring colours?

easiest way is find the ones that go hot when key and lights are on, the rest will be speakers and are in pairs usually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This helps a lot actually, thank you! I only need to splice my Front left (+/-) and Front right (+/-) inputs, as well as +12 volt power input & chassis ground- I believe you are correct, although I want to make sure we have the right wires! I have 2 black wires, and an odd pink wire. Would I be able to private message you some better pictures, with the wires labeled? Thanks again for the reply, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are you after? the speaker output wiring colours?

easiest way is find the ones that go hot when key and lights are on, the rest will be speakers and are in pairs usually.
Thank you for the tip, I will be sure to try that, but it would still be hard to figure out each wire- I believe these wires would be Front Right (+/-) do you think the blue & orange below each would be Front Left (+/-) if so, which is which? I still need to find the +12 volt power input, and ground wire- there are two black wires which is odd. Again, I really appreciate the help. Hopefully the pics are of good quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
ok, as close as I can get it, I THINK its as follows, as always, test and confirm.

G12 connector as per diagram

Pin then function

1 +12
2 lights
9 switched ACC 12 V (live key on)
10 antenna supply
11 GND
19 steering controls
20 steering controls
18 BCM

speakers should be
3 LF + 13 LF -
4 RF+ 14 RF -
5 LR + 15 LR -
6 RR + 16 RR -

Find live feed, gnd should be "underneath" it, thats 1 and 11, work from there

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, as close as I can get it, I THINK its as follows, as always, test and confirm.

Pin then function

1 +12
2 lights
10 antenna supply
11 GND
19 steering controls
20 steering controls
18 BCM

speakers should be
3 LF + 13 LF -
4 RF+ 14 RF -
5 LR + 15 LR -
6 RR + 16 RR -
Thank you for helping, I really can't explain to you how much I appreciate it. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. You are honestly the best, and I couldn't ask for a better response either. Hopefully I didnt cause you much headache. You saved me a lot of frustration. I will let you know how I make out! Have a great one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Pin then function

1 +12
2 lights
10 antenna supply
11 GND
19 steering controls
20 steering controls
18 BCM

speakers should be
3 LF + 13 LF -
4 RF+ 14 RF -
5 LR + 15 LR -
6 RR + 16 RR -

Find live feed, gnd should be "underneath" it, thats 1 and 11, work from there
Would you be able to put colors instead of numbers?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
not easily as colours vary by vehicle and model, but the pinout is generic.

Find the 12V thats live all the time (pin 1), pin opposite should be ground, thats pin 11

top row is 1 to 10, bottom row is 11 to 20, count across connector to find pin number you want then that will give you the colour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not easily as colours vary by vehicle and model, but the pinout is generic.

Find the 12V thats live all the time (pin 1), pin opposite should be ground, thats pin 11

top row is 1 to 10, bottom row is 11 to 20, count across connector to find pin number you want then that will give you the colour.
Okay awesome! Thank you, that makes a lot of sense actually! 1-10 top and 11-20 bottom makes more sense now that I'm looking at it on paper

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Okay awesome! Thank you, that makes a lot of sense actually! 1-10 top and 11-20 bottom makes more sense now that I'm looking at it on paper
I did put a pic on that post of mine with the numbers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts