Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a couple of hours searching the posts here and haven't found specifically what I'm looking for.

I need to update my Garmin. Went to Garmin website and it said to insert the SD in the head unit. I did with a new 64G SD card. When I press UPDATE the Garmin returns with a message that it needs an SD card. :confused:

So I placed the card in my computer. My computer recognized the card fine. I copied over some MP3 files. Took it out to the Kizashi and went to the radio and it didn't see the the SD either.

Does the unit not recognize an 64G SD? I don't really care so much about the music, it's the updated GPS maps I need. The directions sent me on a wild goose chase yesterday because the Garmin had old street data.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Do you have a Kenwood head unit or the Garmin branded system like below?

I might be wrong, but I suspect the card you're using may not be compatible- particularly if you've got the Kenwood head unit. A 64GB card would be an "SDXC" card - see here https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/compatibility/. Perhaps try and locate an older/ smaller capacity plain "SD" card and try loading the maps off that.

(I know I'm using a small SD card for the maps in my Kenwood.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts