Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wee 2013 SWB 2.4 is no more. Last seen heading down the road on a flat bed with all air bags deployed and even shorter than it was with a reasonable bend about the A pillar.
Son who was driving is ok, bruised but walked away.
unfortunately the drunk driver that ran the red isn't so well off

I will miss that car.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
A bummer about the circumstances but I guess that is life. At least the only important victim seems to be okay.
2 questions -
1. Will you get another Suzy ?
2. Have you given any thought to the hundreds of possible upgrades/modifications/swaps that you could explore on behalf of all those on here who have proposed some outlandish ideas ?

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bummer about the circumstances but I guess that is life. At least the only important victim seems to be okay.
2 questions -
1. Will you get another Suzy ?
2. Have you given any thought to the hundreds of possible upgrades/modifications/swaps that you could explore on behalf of all those on here who have proposed some outlandish ideas ?
Yeah, the boy walked away, really thankful for that. He's going to be sore tomorrow, he's already developing a nice seatbelt bruise. The pretension units definitely work well. Even the shear points let go on the retraction mountings
1, already got the 2015 LWB 2,4, bought it new because I liked the SWB but heeded a boot that I could actually fit my work boots in between the door and the rear seat
2, if I still had it, insurance will write it off and agreed value policies are nice things. Full service history on the window stickers and in the service book.
Theres not a lot straight on it, engine and transmission was dragging on the deck as they were winching it on. Front diff was in pieces. He hit between front axle and the A pillar At about a 45 degree angle as the boy was turning to avoid him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife just bent the SX4 S Cross and hence I can empathise with you. Fortunately she and the other driver are uninjured which is the major consideration. I think we must be philisophical about these things and accept that if you drive a vehicle you are highly likely to be involved in an accident every now and then.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I agree. Just damned annoying it was a needless accident caused by an idiot. I hope he realises what he's done but I doubt it.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad that the Loved ones are ok @2013GV. it hurts a bit in the beginning but that's how it goes.. i know that you've already answered the first Question.. but Jimny perhaps? ;)
The jimny is a thought, will see what happens. Given my size, I wear one, not drive one. They are a tad snug

• Haha
Reactions: dinuksha_asela

·
Registered
379 Posts
very sorry to hear that, I remember the funk I got in when those B..dy galahs cracked my radiator and cooked the engine and where was I going to get another car....at least I was able to get an engine but a bent body is a much bigger problem. don't know what we'll all do when these wear out as there is nothing to replace them. I guess 4wdriving will die out unless batteries are improved drastically. I expect low range gear boxes will be a thing of the past as the electric motors can switch between star and delta mode.at will.
At least u have the 2015.

Reactions: dinuksha_asela
1 - 10 of 10 Posts