Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I have a 2013 Grand Vitara that I use for 3 months in another country. If you go out and start the car, turn on the AC, close the door and walk away. It locks the doors!! With the keys in it and the motor running and it hasn’t moved. While driving the locks are normal
The other new developments are the radio has a message that say “System check” and I need to replace the battery in my Key FOB. I am not sure this plays in the the doors locking problem
I have checked all the fuses, there appears to be one missing or empty. By the block diagram it is “P/W T” 20 A

thoughts or ideas??

thanks
Russ P

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Depending on the market, if its not detecting the fob inside it will lock approx 10 seconds after unlocking
I know the Mexican version security system locks once engines started or when driving yo prevent car jacking. This "feature " is in the owners handbook, along with a couple of other modes of operation

Replace the fob battery and see what its doing.

Reactions: Russ Partridge

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the market, if its not detecting the fob inside it will lock approx 10 seconds after unlocking
I know the Mexican version security system locks once engines started or when driving yo prevent car jacking. This "feature " is in the owners handbook, along with a couple of other modes of operation

thank you. I am in Central American and the FOB a battery was on my to do list for tomorrow.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,835 Posts
If you are going to start then leave, lower the window so that you are not evicted, or keep a spare key in your pocket..

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
The only time any of my Suzukis will automatically lock the doors, is if they are unlocked using the fob and a door is not opened within about 20~30 seconds (I've never actually timed it).

I'd suggest you play with it a little - does it automatically relock if the engine isn't started? does it automatically relock if one of the other (not the driver's) door is opened & closed - try to define the circumstances under which it locks.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yep. I am in Central America. Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any suggestions as to what I should run in the windshield washers. The water is very hard here
and can clog a coffee maker inside of 2 years

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Pre mixed windscreen cleaner solution

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pre mixed windscreen cleaner solution
Ya. That will be a 30 min drive. I was thinking of mixing some vinegar and water and using that. Definitely am not worried about anything freezing as the low temp is around 80

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,835 Posts
If you have issues with hard water and have a dehumidifier, or A/C,, save the condensate from the dehumidifier or A/C and mix in windshield washer

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Or collect rain water

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
You were correct, I did the drive to the store and got a 1620 3v battery and it fixed the problem. Thank you so much. Have a great day
Amazing how much trouble a fob battery can cause hehehe

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazing how much trouble a fob battery can cause hehehe
I stand corrected. The new battery did not fix it The locks function, locking the doors within sec of getting in the car. Even before I put it in gear

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

So it is safe to assume I have the Mexican version as I am in Costa Rica. It does exactly what you are describing, I get in start the car and within a few seconds the doors lock. Can I turn this feature off??

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it is safe to assume I have the Mexican version as I am in Costa Rica. It does exactly what you are describing, I get in start the car and within a few seconds the doors lock. Can I turn this feature off??
PS. I did replace the FOB battery, The FOB works fine. It is the auto locking doors feature which has and will continue to lock people out

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I'm not sure, read the owners manual.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure, read the owners manual.
Thanks. I have researched on the net and it appears there is a way to deactivate the feature. I have not managed to make it work. I may have to buy an online owner manual.

thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
what happens if you unlock it with the internal switch on the door? does it relock?

·
Registered
2006 Grand Vitara JB420W
49 Posts
Not sure, this can be "Programmed" to turn it off via a scanner? (Probably high end one)?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts