Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, I've looked high and low and have been unable to positively identify the information I need. I am replacing the factory radio with a Kenwood KMM-BT308U. I've picked up the Metra 70-1721 adapter and the Pac-Audio SWI-RC for the steering wheel controls.
The instructions for the PAC are clear enough and it should be a breeze.
I'm concerned about the Metra adapter. I see that the pins are all pre-populated, and each is color coded and listed as to what it is for. The Kenwood is also clear as to what wires go where so connecting the 2 shouldn't be an issue.
However, verifying that the pins are all in the correct place has proven challenging. I would hate to connect up all the wires, verify them, plug it in and have a speaker output connected to the 12v constant just because that's where the pin was placed.
Is there a wiring diagram for the vehicle harness that I just can't find (my Google-Fu is usually exceptionally strong, but I will admit failure on this one...) or is it normal to have to adjust the pin position on these harnesses?
They bill all of them as literally 'plug-n-play'.
Thanks for any input you all can provide!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well... I found a schematic (FINALLY) and managed to get everything installed. The steering wheel controls won't program for some reason, but I'll deal with that another time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts