Suzuki Forums banner

2012 Swift - Carav Din Head Unit Sizes

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2013GV 
#1 ·
Hi all, my wife has 2012 swift and I have purchased a 2 din fascia panel from Carav through Amazon.
  • for SUZUKI Swift 2011+
  • 2-DIN, 173 x 98mm
I am looking for guidance on what head unit size to look for as there are far too many variants out there and some come with adapters, some do not. I've also heard some horror stories when looking for Android units, so I'm really I'm trying to avoid buying one that isn't going to fit or needs any modifying. 173mm x 98mm is the listed size but is that relevant to the front display size of the unit or the size of the adapter trims?

Any guidance you can offer would be most appreciated. - Many thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
standard double din or single din with appropriate fascia adapter will fit. If its got the standard 'zuke radio with the radio as part of the dash then you will need the fascia adapter for your year. If it looks like a "normal" radio sticking out of the dash, then it should be a simple matter to swap them over.
Have fun getting to the bolt on the drivers side that holds the existing radio in place, passengers side is easy, remove the glovebox first.
Most android units are double din and fit, but some minor enlargement of the fascia adapter may be required, thats more of the issue than anything else. Steering wheel controls may require an adapter depending on what head unit you fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.