Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...I have asked here before but I have a 2013 SLS with NAV. They switched the head unit on the 2013 and did away with SAT Radio capability (lord knows why). I really want a good working SAT Radio and right now I have a wierd remote control set-up, not desireable.

Anyway...I just saw someone in a forum with a 2012 NAV unit for sale. I am wondering a few things...if anyone can help.

Here are my questions:
He bought his car in Canada - any differences between the Canadian stereo and the US stereo?
Would this unit plug and play with my 2013?
Anyone know of any features I would lose with the 2012 vs the 2013?

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a 2013 and looking for the same info.... Does anyone have a wire diagram showing what wires are what coming from the radio? That would be a start.

Thanks (sorry, not intending to thread jack, but trying to add xm to a 2013 as well).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem...it seems that there is very little knowleged out there on the differences between the 2012 and 2013 NAV Units. Pisses me off that the dealer (and the Suzuki website - for that matter) never informed anyone of the change in head unit and the removal of the Subwoofer and Amp as well.

FYI...I have Sirius in my car...but it is a wierd installation (didn't know what I was getting when I had this installed). I was told I could add a receiver and I would be all set. I paid the dealer $580 to do this and I am seriously dissapointed. They installed a receiver (through the dealer representative), and now I have to tune to an FM station and use a remote to control the satellite radio. It is some sort of Audiovox unit that goes through the FM tuner. I cannot use the Bluetooth for the satellite at all. They are telling me this is standard proceedure when the head unit doesn't have SAT radio...and this is the only way to do it because Suzuki didn't provide "something" in the head/NAVI unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts