Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 Kizashi with the navi unit so my question is how do you update the maps and other info seeing there is no DVD based disc every year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just purchased a 2012 Kizashi with the navi unit so my question is how do you update the maps and other info seeing there is no DVD based disc every year.
And are our Navi units voice turn by turn . Mines is silent, I haven't heard a word from my navi unit since I owned the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try this......

Good luck with your new Kizashi. ;) I do not own one......I'd like to.:(
Have you owned a GPS before ? If not try this......Maybe the GPS audio portion is set to minimum volume. On my GPS the volume for the GPS can be set lower or higher than the radio volume. There should be a setup in the Menu to do so. let us know how you make out.
Did the unit come with a rear view camera ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assume your GPS is factory insatlled ? Is it ?
Most GPS receivers are updated via a disk that has to be purchased from the dealer [another way to get $$$$ form us].
Some add on GPS units do include free lifetime updates. I think the new Garmin in the 2013 Kizashi includes lifetime updates. FYI one of Suzuki's websites has the service manual available for download. It is not free but as I recall it was not expensive. I will try to find the site and post if i'm successuful.
How 'bout a rundown on your GPS and also the vehicle. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers. My navi unit does provide the rearview camera with night vision no less. I have just had this car for a week and can't figure it out yet, but I will. My last car ,an 05 Cadillac STS4 had navi but you had to purchase the updated disc for $199. I will keep investigating all my options because this car is totally different than my Caddy.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fooled around with my navi unit today ad now it talks, Now to keep reading and playing around with it til I figure the whole unit out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On the built-in Kizashi headunit (made by Kenwood)... On the front, in the very lower left corner, there is a vertical cover for a micro-SD card.. That's how you update the Garmin maps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank STSinc, that was the answer I was looking for and now.... Where do you get the micro SD card and what does it cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts