Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Suzuki owners,

I'm Chad from North America. I own a 07 9-3 2.0T. Im interested in getting a Kizashi, as if offers a lot like push button ignition, rain sensing wipers, park assist, etc. To get features like this I have to look at BMW Lexus or Audi. im going to be going to college soon and don't want the expenses associated with owning a so called premium car like my Saab. However I've been looking for a loaded 2011 Kizashi Sport SLS FWD 6 sp manual. This will be my first non auto car and Im not fond of the cvt in any car. There is a lot of misinformation about which cars besides the S and Sport GTS being equipped with a manual. I see the Sport GTS manual deletes the sunroof and pwr heated leather seats. Also, you cant have rain sensing wipers or auto lights on the Sport GTS. So my question is, did Suzuki make a fully loaded Sport SLS FWD manual? I read a review from Review: 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport | The Truth About Cars and this appears to be a North America 2011 Kizashi Sport SLS manual. I haven't found one for sale, so might have to look at other cars.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
not sure about USA but in canada there is no more manual 6 speed available on 2012 kizashi, only cvt with padle shift on the sport model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe the stick I test drove in early 2011 at Green Brook in New Jersey was a fully loaded 2011 SLS Sport, with leather, but it may have been one trim line below. I have a 2010 SLS fully loaded with CVT. (While I appreciate that enthusiasts may not like CVT, I really like its smoothness and consider it a significant upgrade over most automatics.) The stick was excellent. I suspect that if you want the stick in the SLS Sport, you might need to order the vehicle or (have a dealer do a) search nation-wide.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also, don't forget that the CVT includes paddle shifters. Judging from the messages on the boards, this appears to be a favorite savior feature for many.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in the USA only the Sport GTS and S come with manual for 2012 but a lot of sites like cars.com, autos.msn.com, and edmunds.com list the Sport SLS as having the manual standard and the CVT optional for 2012. I found a 2011 Sport SLS fully loaded with manual, so they do exist. It's going to be tough to find another because they're so rare. Also the 2011 Suzuki brochure is misleading as it says manual deletes power heated seats and sunroof. I had paddle shifters on a Grand Prix, they're nice but I'm dying to have a manual this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts