Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loaded 2011 SX4 (Technology Package?) that has the Garmin GPS built into the dashboard which works in conjunction with the radio/CD player. It's worked great forever. Now suddenly - as in today - when the GPS voice momentarily interrupts whatever's playing I only get a short moment of silence. No voice. Hard to explain. OK, so I'm watching the map on the GPS, and it's working as it should, but when I get to say a turn or it needs to recalculate, the GPS's voice should break in for a moment and announce the turn or that it's recalculating. Now, it still breaks in, but it's just silent: an audio dead spot. Then it goes back to whatever I was listening to. Anyone know what's going on and how I can get back to the way it's been since day one?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I've had gps nav units do this too...nothing fixes it but pressing the reset button. Something gets screwed up and they display fine, but no voice. Pressing the rest button works on the window mounted ones, not sure how you do that on the in car ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a loaded 2011 SX4 (Technology Package?) that has the Garmin GPS built into the dashboard which works in conjunction with the radio/CD player. It's worked great forever. Now suddenly - as in today - when the GPS voice momentarily interrupts whatever's playing I only get a short moment of silence. No voice. Hard to explain. OK, so I'm watching the map on the GPS, and it's working as it should, but when I get to say a turn or it needs to recalculate, the GPS's voice should break in for a moment and announce the turn or that it's recalculating. Now, it still breaks in, but it's just silent: an audio dead spot. Then it goes back to whatever I was listening to. Anyone know what's going on and how I can get back to the way it's been since day one?
This puzzled me for a while. The answer, in my case, was simple.
Wait till the GPS is supposed to be speaking and then press the volume up button.
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts