Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace oxygen sensor and was told by dealer (hence the post) that aftermarket oxygen sensors do not perform well and they recommend OEM. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket they can share? Have a service appointment Saturday (27 Jan 2018). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Of course they want you to buy only OEM, because they are the most expensive, but not necessarily the BEST.

There are several companies, like BOSCH, that make O2 sensors that are equal to better than OEM. They actually make a lot of the OEM sensors in use today.

Shop around before you buy!

Cheers Mate,
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Naturally, the OEM sensors are the best.;) :rolleyes:

I've replaced five or six in the last six months, Bosch work well.
Off-brand/generic not so much.
They seem to come wired incorrectly, sometimes you can straighten out the wires and sometimes not.

Bosch are still much less than the dealer's and they have been making them since day one. I doubt anyone knows more about them.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Four days too late... I spent the money. Way too much money. Now I know. I've changed them myself in other vehicles, however they are different for Suzuki's and need a special socket. Even so, I should have bought the aftermarket. Heck, if I'd bought the socket it still would have been less $$. Grrrr. Thank you TheShadowFL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Don. Two people recommend Bosch. That will be what I use next time... and save a load of $$. Appreciate the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts