Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I hope you guys can help me. After getting my car out of its regular yearly check up at the licensed mechanic I drove it home. About ten minutes into the drive the check engine light gets lit, and suddenly my gas pedal doesn't respond. The engine is on but when I press the gas pedal the RPM stays idle. After ten minutes of restarting the engine (didn't help) the pedal started responding but max RPM was about 3000 even when pressing the pedal all the way. After an hour of waiting suddenly the engine worked alright but the check engine light was still on. I took my car to the same mechanic who said that the computer diagnosis only said the engine needed a software update. They did that and gave me back my car which acted fine for a week, but today this happened again. What is causing this? My mechanic obviously can't solve this so what should I do? Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
its going into "limp home" mode, obviously there is a reasonably serious code being raised causing the ECU to shut the car down into a "safe" state to prevent any damage. Find another mechanic that has a decent scanner that can read your codes. I've never yet heard of a car going into limp mode because it needed a "software update"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts