Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine this last Saturday and notice it has a some whine to it while driving. It is a 2011 auto. Does the cvt trans have a little whine or should it have none at all? I just checked the fluid and notice the dealer over added a bit, they said they know what fluid to put in so am hoping they added cvt fluid. Do I need to drain some out or should I just have it changed? Thanks

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I think the cvt trannys are very picky when it comes to both fluid level and type, if its overfilled I would removed some fluid and then re-check,

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'd think the dealer..(A suzuki dealer?) should know about its product.
This being said, please describe the "whine" a little more. My CVT does not whine..and I don't think there is place for whining in this trans. .
I'd rather think of a wheel bearing...does the whine increase in frequency linearly as the car speed increases ? Does the whine intensity change when turning.? ...increase in one direction, decreases on the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no suzuki dealers here. It is 100% not a wheel bearing. I have seen plenty post about the whine. Just was really hoping maybe a Suzuki tech might chime in on the sound as to whether it was something to worry about. Seems some people say normal some say not. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts