Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife drives a 2010 sx-4. we bought last year, real good condition, only 20k miles, got from little old lady blah blah blah. nice car, great in the snow. etc...
about 2 days after we took delivery of the car it wouldn't start. right in our driveway. she parked it the night before, wouldn't start in the am. called the dealer we bought it from (pre-owned of course and not a suzuki dealer, but honda) they arranged a loaner.
before they could come i actually got the car started. all i did was open the gas cap and let it sit for an hour or two and fiddled around with the key in acc position.
been working ever since.

the dealer picked up the car, had it for 10 days, and couldn't get the problem to repeat nor could they find any other problems.

cars been running great for a year. until yesterday morning!!

same thing happened.

my wife left our house, drove the 15 miles and probably 300/400 vertical feet down in altitude to her grandmothers house, went inside and when she came back to leave for work the car wouldn't start. she's been trying on and off for 2 days now and no luck.
so i ask you...does anyone have experience with this?
we are losing our minds.
thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
THere is an icon on the instrument panel telling if the coded key (immobiliser) is recognised. (page 2-72 in my 2011 owner manual) . IT shows as a padlock keeping the car. IT shows on key-on then disappears if all isOK, but will keep flashing if coded key is not recognised. I do not see why it would be Ok SOMEtimes and sometimes not, but start with the easy first....
ALso add details about car model (base, ....tech...etc..).
the key fob must not be obstructed by metal objects .

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
does it turn over? you say it won't start but don't actually tell us what its doing or not doing.

These cars do run a semi sealed system for fuel emissions which requires a valve in the gas cap to be functioning correctly. If removing the gas cap allows it to start you need to look at the purge system and associated solenoids and of course the gas cap as well. This can cause a fail to start situation after altitude change if the pressures don't equalise properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts