Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and I am having problems with the power steering going in and out. Obviously not the hydraulics messing up or I would have a leak so it has to be electrical and I don't want to replace things without knowing how big (or small) the problem is. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hi, for a start there are no hydraulics in the Kizashi power steering system - it's all electric. ;)
• A pinion assist type electronic power steering (EPS) system is adopted. The EPS consists of P/S control module and steering gear case assembly (including rotation angle sensor, torque sensor and P/S motor).
• P/S control module is located on the floor in front of front passenger seat. P/S control module communicates with other control modules through CAN system.
— Steering gear is of a rack and pinion type.
• P/S motor is of a large output (84 A), brushless type motor.
• P/S control module controls vehicle dynamics synthetic control with the BCM and ESP control module through CAN communication network. If the BCM detects a tendency of vehicle oversteering, the P/S control module performs counter-steer assist torque control. This cooperative vehicle dynamic synthetic control takes place when vehicle speed is above 30 km/h (19 mph) with steering angle of 20° or more.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Some more info ( a bit jumbled from cutting and pasting)
EPS system components Function
Steering gear case assembly Rotation angle sensor It consists of an exciter winding and 2 sets of fixed detector winding. It outputs signals proportional to motor rotation angle to P/S control module.
Torque sensor Torque sensor consists of main and sub systems and outputs voltages that correspond to steering torque and direction to the P/S control module.
P/S motor P/S motor assists steering action by generating torque proportional to the amount of current from the P/S control module.
P/S control module
• P/S control module determines the amount of current and the direction to assist based on the output voltage from torque sensor, the motor rotation angle detected by rotation angle sensor, the vehicle speed signal from CAN communication, etc. to control P/S motor.
• P/S control module determines engine condition (running or stopping) based on engine speed signal from CAN communication.
“P/S” warning light “P/S” warning light turns on when a problem occurs in P/S system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts