Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 kizashi compressor locked up. I don't have the money for a new one right now. Can i use a shorter belt, and bypass the bad compressor? If so does anyone have a part number, or the correct length, to help me get one asap? I need my car for work. Thank you

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
yes yyou can just bypass it, and no, i'm sorry I don't have a part number. Take the old belt off, run a piece of string round the pulleys and then head to the parts shop with the string length for the new belt, and the old one to get the width and style of belt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes I can run a string around the pulleys, but won't that make a belt that size a little too big? The correct belt is too small, until the tensioner is de-tensioned, so how do i allow for that? Please advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind. I realize the string will be already tensioned, and it should be close enough to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good News! A Belt is found to work! Belt 675K6

It's fixed! Measuring around the Pulleys is not a easy task to get it as accurate as possible. Mine came out to approx 66 inches. Advance Auto parts " Drive Rite Belt " 675K6. It fits very well, not too difficult to slip over the Crank Pulley last. Hopefully anyone needing to do a work around a locked up AC Compressor, this will save you a lot of work. This belt is approx 67 inches but fits just fine. My friend is back on the rd, and very grateful. A 15.99 belt vs a $800 plus job in a local shop to replace the bad compressor with labor, new belt, and recharge the system. I will install a good used AC compressor for him later on. The Auto parts guy told me " No way can this work! " I was very pleased to prove him wrong
thanks to this Forum!

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
nice to see the old school method of "find something that fits" still works.
I prove the younger "counter jockeys" at the parts stores wrong a lot, the older guys smile and go "yep, hes done this before and knows what hes trying to achieve, let the young ones learn". i walk out with a solution, and the parts guys with a better understanding of the fact just because something says its for a Nissan, doesn't mean it won't fit a toyota or a mercedes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts