Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I got my new tires installed but I can't figure out how to post pics.
So I ended up getting some 235/70R17 Wild Spirit AT/S made by Multi-Mile. So far i really like these tires.
The pros: Quiter on pavement than stock geolanders, Almost an inch in extra ground clearance, feels more grounded with way better traction on and off pavement, really fast acceleration going down hill, the cruise control actually works better now with bigger tires (it doesn't constantly down shift then upshift when at seet speed; stays at steady rpm) only 5% extra fuel consumption at highway speeds.
The cons: 30% more fuel consumption in city, slower take-off, way more fuel consumption at take-off, when going over pot holes the suspension feels like it hits harder (maybe I should use lower air pressure? or higher?)
But over-all the tires seem pretty sweet on my ride home. Parked beside some honda cr-v's and toyota rav 4's and got some "tire peepers." The abs still functions normally. And the braking is still very similar.
The bad news is that Kal Tire did a vehicle inspection and informed me that my rear brake pads are pretty much all worn out. They say the caliper is sticking. Jeez! I've only driven 38000km and need new rear brakes! No Way! I had a 17 year old big, heavy buick with 300000km and it still had the original rear pads and my Zuki needs new rears already. Something must be wrong. If anyone out there has had any problems with rear brakes; let me know. I called my suzuki dealership and they tell me its a wear and tear part and its not covered under warranty. Does anyone else out there have a dealership thats so hard up to fix problematic parts?

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
First - the images you're linking to are on your hard drive, you need to upload them as attachments to this site, or to an image hosting site.

Second - about the tire pressure - what pressure are you're running now? Start with the recommended pressure on the tire placard and adjust from there - if you can give me the load ratings off of the old & new tires I may be able to advise better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the outdoor auto full 2" lift kit. Have camber bolts on the front but still have too much positive camber (its noticeable when looking at it) so I am getting a wheel alignment done tomorrow.

There were some initial teething problems that resulted in a lot of clunking and groaning but its all sorted now.

The front struts are noisier than the OEM ones, you can really hear them working away over bumps.

Ride quality - I'd say its a little softer than the original set up which is better for me personally. Initially it felt unsettling because of the relatively short wheelbase but it drives great. My local mechanic commented on it as well, as he reckons he has driven a few GVs with lifts but mine seems to be the only one that retains decent ride quality and handling with a lift.

I replaced the Bridgestone HT's with BFG AT's for a little extra height.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
only 5% extra fuel consumption at highway speeds.
The cons: 30% more fuel consumption in city, slower take-off, way more fuel consumption at take-off, when going over pot holes the suspension feels like it hits harder (maybe I should use lower air pressure? or higher?)

The bad news is that Kal Tire did a vehicle inspection and informed me that my rear brake pads are pretty much all worn out. They say the caliper is sticking. Jeez! I've only driven 38000km and need new rear brakes! No Way! I had a 17 year old big, heavy buick with 300000km and it still had the original rear pads and my Zuki needs new rears already. Something must be wrong. If anyone out there has had any problems with rear brakes; let me know. I called my suzuki dealership and they tell me its a wear and tear part and its not covered under warranty. Does anyone else out there have a dealership thats so hard up to fix problematic parts?
Can't say I didn't warn you on fuel consumption. I get very similar results, very much depending on how many accelerations to speed I need to do, like you said, highway is still pretty good, but city is very bad.

I run my tires at 30Psi all the time. It's effect on the petrol economy is very little, but I find the ride nicer. I've experimented with anything from 30 to 40 Psi, but found that over 35 would start to cause centre wear on the tires, so I find 30 to be much more comfortable.

In regards to your brakes, you said the caliber is found sticking. That would cause your wear.. Brakes are usually not covered by warranty since these are a wear item, that also needs to be maintained according to the specific conditions that YOUR car sees.

I for one, usually pop my drums when I swap my tires around, give the shoes a quick clean with an emory cloth and vacuum all the dust, and check for movement of all moving parts. Maintenance always saves you money in the end.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My tire pressure is still at 33psi and feels good driving except that the engine has to work hard to keep the wheels spinning now. I ended up calling a different dealsership that has more volume in sales than the dealership I bought mine from and they tell me a different story than my dealer; the other dealership said that if its an internal malfunction of the caliper than they will cover it under warranty and replace the calipers, rotors, and pads. But if its just a slider issue than I'm responsible for the cost. Hopefully its something that the dealership will cover.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I don't remember the load rating on the original tires which were the yokohama geolandar g93. But my new tires which are 235/70R17 have a load rating of 2400 pounds per tire which I thought was pretty high but its been years since I customized my vehicles

·
Registered
388 Posts
facebook is banned where i work, and i presume where a lot of prople work!?

You should upload them to something like photobucket, or google picasa!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.