Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
...can you give some details that led you to conclude the "starter is bad"...what is mileage of the car ? IS it auto, manual, AWD ? and what trim....pack all of this in your profile or signature..
OK..at least we know you are in the USA, and 2009, so J20A engine, then this might help you
www.avigex.ca/sx4/starter.pdf
however it does not describe what you have to remove first in order to get access...maybe others who had to do it will come and tell...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...can you give some details that led you to conclude the "starter is bad"...what is mileage of the car ? IS it auto, manual, AWD ? and what trim....pack all of this in your profile or signature..
OK..at least we know you are in the USA, and 2009, so J20A engine, then this might help you
www.avigex.ca/sx4/starter.pdf
however it does not describe what you have to remove first in order to get access...maybe others who had to do it will come and tell...
Thanks for the reply. I know when a starter is bad I have mechanic experience. Starter will turn after being tapped with metal bar. I wasnt asking for troubleshooting I simply wanted to know if I had to go under the car to do it as I am in winter right now, however I took it out from above, but the connections had to be done from below. Car works perfecetly fine now, it is a SX4 technology package. Its a nice car.

Noteworthy is that suzuki does not make the starters, even though it was the original starter, it still said remanufactured. go figure.

·
Registered
838 Posts
.. I know when a starter is bad...
Describing your symptoms may help OTHERS (without excellent mechanic experience) figure out what happens to them. Others in the future may take YOUR thread to compare to THEIR problem and see if it is the same, and if the solution that worked for you also would fits theirs . That is the purpose of the forum and why all detals count. ^_^
ANd by the way, I searched this and other SX4 forums and found no thread about the way one changed this starter...so your thread might be a first...so be sure to describe the operation and add photos. Others will surely look at it.
ABout the fact you mention the starter is a rebuilt......did you buy the car new ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts