Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 sx4 190k miles

I am experiencing a rough idle and when the lights are on with the AC, the engine will actually die.

I did some simple things like change the air filter and spark plugs. but the problem persists. I did some searches and see that a clogged EGR valve can cause this problem. Where is it located?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Where in the world are you....
Christchurch, AUKland...Auckland, new Zealand ? just guessing.... .. CAMberra.....(Canberra) AUstralia ????
Filling up your profile would be a good idea....chrisaukcam...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2009 sx4

Located in the US.

Chris = first name
auk = 1st 3 letters of road
cam = 1st 3 letters of town for a unique id.

Well if this engine does not come with an EGR valve, that would explain why I can't find one! Now today it seems to be idling fairly well. So it seems to be intermittent. It does have trouble codes - but they are for an oxygen sensor. I wouldn't think that would effect the idle.

·
Registered
839 Posts
OK..half a world closer....
WEll, at the limit, a false O2 reading might fool the computer trying to adjust the mixture. Can you detail the code....rich ? lean ?

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Or, can you use a LIVE DATA SCANNER and post a graph of your LT/ST fuel trims.. @ idle and 2000rpm.

Why guess or expect us to guess...?

... Philip

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
You probably have the 2.3, and it does have an EGR.. I would not believe that is your issue..

... Philip

·
Registered
839 Posts
Contraty to a lot of countries world wide, the only engines in the SX4 in North America were the J20A and J20B gas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2009 sx4

Finally got some time to get the engine codes while it was acting up. I think this is the most significant one:

P050A - Cold Start Idle Air

I also see these codes:

P0138 Oxygen Sensor high voltage
P2A01 Voltage bank 1 sensor 2
P0139 Performance Bank Sensor 2
Oxygen sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Idle Problem

Cleaned cam sensor and also replaced boots from spark plug to coil pack. It seems to really idle rough when it is hot or wet. This morning I drove in and temps were in the 60's, but at lunch it was in the upper 80's and it stalled 3 times.

Even though the oxygen sensor has been throwing a code for a year or two, I am going to change that out to see if that does anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts