Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya new owner of a luvly 09 Suzuki Swift 1.3 Attitude, and I luv it, it's great.

It seems to have a couple of niggly issues tho. (Is there a buyers/owners guide on here for things to look out for?)

The main thing is upon hard acceleration at higher rpm s through the rev range it hesitates/stutters somewhat and the exhaust flutters/pops slightly.

It hasn't made the EML light come on, it's like under high load it's not getting enough fuel or there s a misfire.

Are there any common things with the 1.3l M13A engine that would help me try and pinpoint what could be causing this?

(Oh and thanks v much for any help.)

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,517 Posts
Get a fuel gauge on the supply line and verify pressure, or connect a scanner and monitor the fuel trims at high load/miss fire..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll attach my obd scanner tommorrow and see if I can notice any anomalies with my foot on the gas.
Are any of the components known to fail on these 1.3 M13A engines like the coil packs, fuel pumps, throttle position sensors etc.?
I'll try some injector cleaner, is there a fuel pressure regulator?
I take it the fuel pumps and filters in the fuel tank under the backseat and not any inline filters?

Thanks for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts