Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new motor in and everything works great EXCEPT .. the original owner lost the KEY FOB so I bought one off Ebay, well 3 total, all 3 will lock/unlock the doors but none will kick in the remote start.... I went thru the information center and yes it is turned on... so any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?? is there a fuse or relay switch for the remote start that I am not seeing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
the central locking is separate to the remote start. The fobs will need to be coded to the security module in the car before the start function will be enabled.any decent high end sczn tool "should" be able to do this, but depending on model you may need a security enabled suzuki scan tool

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh crap, dont think it would be worth the money... just have to start it the ol' regular way.. lol, just thought it would be easier with winter right around the corner.. Thanks for you info..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it figured out... engine light was on, remote start is dis-abled when light is on.. turned out to be a sensor, replace, light off and remote works great !!!! YEA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts