Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello house, please I need assistance on what I can do to protect throttle sensor from water. Anytime I drive through water, and it get splashed around the position of the sensor, my engine will go off and will have to remove the sensor, clean and allow the engine to cool down before rpm will pick up again.

Also, what is the ideal rpm when engine is idle.

Please I will appreciate response of the house to this enquiry.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any more info on the sensor, I thought the SX4 had an electronic throttle body and therefore no throttle position sensor (well kind of built in). What engine does it have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a small electronic component usually plugged into a hole a little above the alternator position. Yes acceleration is being electronically but this sensor is somehow connected to the acceleration and rpm reading because anytime water get to that region it start malfunctioning.

·
Registered
838 Posts
...the SX4 had an electronic throttle body...r .
yes..and the electronic command NEEDS an electronic feedback to ensure the actual position corresponds to the command ....and this is provided by the throttle position sensor. As Darrell points out, please fill up your profile with details of engine type, location, etc....so we do not have to ask elery time you come on line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts