Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my Suzi (very first car) back in April - brand new - and four times within the first three months, it struggled with the startup. I was thinking maybe it was working the initial oil out, and hoped that it would clear after my first oil/filter change...it has happened once since...

I'm taking it in to the dealership in a week, but not sure what it can be...the conditions surrounding the incidents aren't consistent (thought it was only in rainy/humid conditions, but if that was the case, it'd be a problem almost every day).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
388 Posts
They have an issue if you get the wind in the right direction and a cylinder is in overlap you actually have the exhaust blow up into the intake causing a hard start.

Actually have a reprogram for the PCM to park the engine in certain locations.

Should be fine after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm..I forgot to add one important detail...it's been inside a closed garage every time this has happened.

They have an issue if you get the wind in the right direction and a cylinder is in overlap you actually have the exhaust blow up into the intake causing a hard start.

Actually have a reprogram for the PCM to park the engine in certain locations.

Should be fine after that.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Could be a draft, but seriously they probably updated the fuel maps at start up to boot. At least start their if it continues they will have to look more into it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Suzuki just released a Service Bulletin pertaining the extended cranking time for '08 SX4. It can be corrected with new ECM calibration data. Your dealer should know about this Service Bulletin (N-Q-RW-008) and proceed with the ECM calibration.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I've done a few of these. You need your ECM reprogrammed and only your dealer will have the Pass-Thru programming tool to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts