Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

At 133k Miles my engine light is on all the time. It shows a 420 code. I want to change the upstream Oxygen sensor. Removing the sensor looks straight forward, but cannot trace the wire to where it plugs in. Has any one replaced the sensor themselves? Do you have a picture or a description on where it plugs in? The youtube videos don't seem to show the plug in view. Thanks,

Howard

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a P0420 code, why are you changing the B1S1?

.... Philip
Hi. THis problem first came up 60k miles ago. Was intermittent. Would be fine for months but then take a long trip and it would show up. Now its all the time. I know the code says Catalitic Efficiency problem. But one of the youtube videos said it was the converter or upstream O2 sensor. I live in a small town and don't trust the mechanics that are nearby, so trying to do it my self. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Hi. THis problem first came up 60k miles ago. Was intermittent. Would be fine for months but then take a long trip and it would show up. Now its all the time. I know the code says Catalitic Efficiency problem. But one of the youtube videos said it was the converter or upstream O2 sensor. I live in a small town and don't trust the mechanics that are nearby, so trying to do it my self. Thanks for your input.
have you actually diagnosed it properly or are you just firing the parts cannon based on the code and hoping its the "other" sensor to the one the code says to check first?

Live data graphs are your friend, diagnose the issue first.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Get a scanner capable of displaying graphs, post a graph of the B1S1 at idle and 2000rpm
then when the CAT is hot, the same scan but on the B1S2...

We cannot help unless we have suitable data...

.... Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts