Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone have any ideas as to why when I start the vehicle it makes a gurgling noise? It seems to be on the left hand side of the engine, or the right side if in the drivers seat. Appreciate any help.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
What model engine? LHD or RHD vehicle?

does it do it hot? cold? first start? every start? does it go away? does it appear after the cars been running for a bit?
more symptoms other than a "gurgling sound" will help to figure out whats going on.

and your definition of left side, or right if in driver seat doesn't make sense.
Driver seat on left hand side noise on right means noise is on the right,
drivers seat on right hand side noise on right of driver means its outside the vehicle......or are you just confusing us by saying "its on the left when i'm standing at the front of the car looking at the engine"? which means its on the right hand side of the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, I am very new to the forum. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. The first time my husband heard a noise, it sounded like it might be a belt that was going bad. There was no check engine light, and no oil pressure low light. I checked the oil, and found it to be really low, and added 3 quarts. Now when I turn the car on, it makes a gurgling sound, that is the only way to describe it. Im not sure about the engine model, except that it is a V4

·
Registered
839 Posts
V4...3quarts..wow. Please FILL UP all details in the profile or in signature so we can have an idea of what we are talking about. year..ok, 2008, ..., model, country, AWD, 4WD, 2WD, hartchback? sedan?...etc..everything.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
check the oil and make sure its not over full and the sound you are hearing isn't the engine internals slapping the oil in the pan

V4? are you sure? as far as i know, all the SX4 models have an inline 4 cyl engine....

Can you please tell us the model of your car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts