Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got my ABS, ESP and Engine management light on. It's been in for a few weeks now. I have no traction control or ABS working at all. I had it plugged in and this code came up... I googled it and it's come up with an ABS pump? Can anyone help or has anyone had a similar problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I've just googled the code C1028 , seems quite common. Looks like a lot of people have needed the pump/module rebuilt/repaired. Doesn't seem to be a way of testing it. This is all the workshop manual has to offer..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Does this mean there could be a risk that it may not need the pump? But there's no way of finding out until I do that if it is the abs pump or not?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Going by that..
Check for leakage.
I would assume the brakes would be spongy if there was air in the system.
I would assume the brake pedal travel would be long if there was a gap between pads and rotor (how would this happen anyway??).
Sorry I'm not much help. Couple of extra bits for the C1028.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm needing new break discs very soon so hopefully that may make a difference, I'll also bleed to brakes! And you've been a lot of help, thankyou for your research! I'll see how I get on now:) just needed to check on a forum I guess before doing anything else to see if anyone else had an idea at all. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I need a new pump I'll just get it refurbished, it's a lot to get a brand new one! And in definitely not going to Suzuki for one. Thanks for the link, I've saved this one for when it does come to it if I need a new one... And I will do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts