Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is doing it intermittently. It keeps popping the 10amp fuse labeled as backup lights but when it goes out the engine light comes on with u0101 it wont come out of park unless I use the shifter release button and the heater controls go out. Has anyone else encountered this maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is on an SX4. But why is all this stuff tied together on the same circuit? Can anyone direct me to the correct wiring diagrams maybe?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You still having problems. Let us know which country your in and what engine you have and I'll see if I have the appropriate wiring diagram.

On a side note for anybody reading this, is the an easy way for people to determine if it has (Taiwan) wiring. An odd question I know, but the workshop manual often shows two wiring diagrams for a circuit one being referred to as "Taiwan". I know most if not all the ones in Canada have this "Taiwan" circuits.
I do know the body control modules differ a lot to look at but have no idea if these are easy to see.

·
Registered
838 Posts
.... I know most if not all the ones in Canada have this "Taiwan" circuits.....
I'm quite surprised about this assertion....I'll verify but all things I had to pay attention were conform to the Japanese models....I remember the headlights circuits in the 2007-2009 shop manual were different...Taiwan using relays....that might be a point of comparison....I'll dig in the manual to find where these relays should be...if 2011 has this difference also.
About Cmmcfad missing details...the picture suggest the car is a sedan...and the fuse diagram he shows is similar to the one I have for my 2011 (the 2007-2009 graphic is different in the shop manual...but it might just be a different artistic rendition...).

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Could be a good way of easily identifying which wiring it has.
Appears two of the head light relays are in a box in front of the main relay/fuse box.
IE: if you have this extra box you have "Taiwan" wiring.

Can't find a photo of a RHD having this box and therefore "Taiwan" wiring but I can't confirm this, likewise I can't confirm all LHD do.

As long as we and importantly the owner can determine what the vehicle has will help us assist with wiring issues.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nope, you can't trust that either. The diesel model has a couple of relays in there nothing to do with the headlights.
Back to just the BCM at the moment :wacko:

I guess if you have the petrol engine you could remove the cover on that little relay box and see what they are marked as.

·
Registered
838 Posts
...I guess if you have the petrol engine ...
Yes..in Canada and the USA we all have only the 2.0 petrol engine. ANyway, we are 5 hours late here relative to UK... I'm just finishing breakfast and will go take a look under the hood. Happily I have the car in a heated garage as it is -22°C outside this morning...:frozen:

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I couldn't find a photo searching for a fusebox like yours with both the covers off so your pic is perfect :thumbsup:
The diesel relays are now easily identifiable as different to the headlight relays.

Here's a pic for comparison. Basically if you have two relays like the right photo you have "Taiwan" wiring. I think the other two headlight relays may be in front of the battery but it doesn't matter really.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Right then...
Welcome to the forum Cmmcfad ;)
Sorry for the thread hijack but wiring questions can prove difficult on these.
Now we hope you can identify if you have those relays or not.
Please let us know if you have them or not and which engine you have. I will then post up the circuits protected by that fuse.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
The fuse panel illustration is for the panel under the dash up on the kick panel
Yeah..as seen. Confirm year and model(sedan?)...and again, in provision for your future visits tom this forum, fill up your profile or signature qith all these details for the car and location so we do not ask each time.
List by Darrell is the right one.
Now ...are you still functional after the contorsions required to access this fuse panel ? DId you have to pay a visit to a chiropractor..:huh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a 2008 hatchback I posted the vin info so everyone can see the what's, when's, and where's. This is my friends moms car I'm trying to sort out for her.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts