Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 was involved in a minor fender bender, have to replace the power steering reservoir. I haven't done that yet, but drove it around for a couple of days after the accident. I let it set for a couple of weeks, the battery went dead, and I replaced it. Now it won't start. It will crank up and run provided I squirt fuel into the intake hose, and it will run for 2-3 seconds if I pump the gas pedal but otherwise it's dead. I hooked up my OD2 reader and had trouble getting a code out of it since it's not running. But I finally got a PO107 code out of it. MAP sensor. Not sure if that's what it is or not. I know the fuel pump is running. It has a new NAPA battery. No loose connectors. What could it be? Should I go ahead and replace the PS reservoir?Anything else I could try? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Try cleaning the throttle body and look closely at the rubber hose connecting to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2008 Grand Vitara

Thanks, Lumpy.
It ended up being the IAC. I took the MAP sensor off, cleaned it out and looked for damage or soot, nothing. Pulled the IAC (I used to have an expedition that needed me to clean it out every 50,ooo miles) so I tried that on a hunch. Pulled it, cleaned it, it seemed stuck, so I blew air through it and re-installed it. Cranked right up. I'm going to clean the throttle body, and now I have a leak at the IAC that I need to get after. I'm probably going to just replace the O-ring, maybe a spot of silicone. Now I need to put the whole thing back together. Funny the OBD2 code was P0107.....still haven't figured that out.

Thanks again my friend....

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,376 Posts
Code readers are not reliable. If you do your own work, invest in a LIVE DATA SCANNER, that way you see exactly what the ECU sees....

.... Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts