Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

My 2008 Suzuki Forenza was really a good car, It never once let me down...until recently! I was driving along and pushed the clutch to change back into first gear. The Pedal stuck to the floor and would not return. I was about 75 miles from home at the time this occurred. I was able to start the car in 2nd gear and shift without using the clutch for the trip home. Now the Forenza sits dead in my driveway. I have noticed fluid under the car on the Transmission side. My brake reservoir is low. Now that Christmas is over I really need to get my auto running again. My question's are? How much about is this going to cost me if I do it myself and what all is it going to need. I am thinking I may have to drop the Tranny to get to the Slave, But unsure!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
;)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi sorry to hear about your car. the slave is inside the transmission housing. i think its going to be a big job. yes the transmission is going to have to come out of the car. i dont suggest doing this job yourself unless you have experience. youll need to drain the fluid, lift the car, put it on jackstands, remove wheel and the axle assembly from the trans. unbolt and disconnect everything attached, electronics clutch line. put a jack up under the transmission unbolt it, lower it down with the jack, careful not to drop it and pull it out from under the car. havent seen the the manual trans out of the car so not positive what else youll need to do but i would assume remove the flywheel and clutch assembly then crack open the case and remove the part to replace it. this is of course a very simplistic description.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts