Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snapped a bolt today while cleaning/replacing some components and seals today. It says s88 on top and is used to secure the metal component the holds the piston bar in place. There are 20 total of these bolts. I'm not sure what that part is called. I found that I cannot find this bolt at an auto parts store and must find it online. Does anyone know what kind of bolt this is exactly? And where I can find it? Also, one of those bolts was stripped and stuck in place. I pulled out all the stops and CANNOT get the bolt out. Ant hints or tips?

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
Camshaft bearing cap bolt, "six-point flange" screw. Rather unique. Another replacement head style is an option as long as it meets the torque, material and captive flange style requirements.

I don't see it broken down by specific part number (next to #17). I think I'd try and obtain one from a Junk Yard engine, or the Dealer or possibly a store that specializes in fasteners.

Getting the broken one out is a daunting task to drill it out and chase the threads while keeping the metal chips out of the engine. It can be done, but a shop experienced in such efforts is what I recommend. You said that one was "stripped"' so if you mean the threads in the HEAD, then you'll need to have that one Heli-coiled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.