Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the transmission fluid especification?
Regular Dextron ok?

Can swap my radio with dvd for a late radio with navigation from a XL 7 2009

Mine is full loaded

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
2007 with the V6 and 5 speed auto according to my specs takes Mobil 3309 / Suzuki 3317 in the trans. Do not run Dextron in these, you will destroy the clutch packs and torque converter clutch.
2006 or earlier with the A44DE auto takes Dextron III

as for the radio, I can't see any reason apart from security codes in the radios, all depends on what was fitted in your market. Nav enabled radio will require the GPS antenna and peripheral wiring as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read an article that the XL7 (2007) equipped for example with the towing package has inside the dash the connectors for different types of radios, because the same body type is used in more luxurious XL7 cars. You are correct on the GPS antenna, I have no idea. Maybe the antenna is built into the radio ... maybe.
Thanks you.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
VIN search will certainly help. If yours is the 5 speed with the V6 and built in 2007, (which you say it is in the topic title) it will use the Mobil spec fluid.
If its not a 2007, get under it and find the name plate to confirm.

Radio plugs are pretty syandard across the Suzuki range and should mate up to the later radio with minimal adaptation. GPS antennas are usually external to the radio and are usually mounted up under the dash as close to the front screen as possible (up above the glove box forward of the air bag if yours has one fitted.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts