Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '57 plate Wagon R with almost 100k on clock is in need of a complete exhaust system. The vehicle is fitted with an GM engine type Z12EXP19KY of 1229cc and 59kW output. My local garage cannot get a replacement system from their usual parts supplier as the engine is not recognised in their spares databases for this vehicle.
I have looked on eBay and found a supplier for a complete system for a 2007 Vauxhall Agila of the same capacity and output - I asked him if it would fit my motor but he has said no - probably because he has looked at the same databases as my local garage.
My question to this forum is simple - would an Agila exhaust fit the Wagon r - they seem to be the same engine and body , and were made in the same Hungarian factory I understand . If not compatible has anyone any solutions to help me out of my current problem.
Many thanks for your time.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,242 Posts
Find an exhaust system specialty shop, they can custom cut/bend.. and probably less expensive than OEM..

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
and what's a 57 plate? As far as I know they didn't make the WagonR in 1957

As philip says, go see an exhaust shop, lot simpler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what's a 57 plate? As far as I know they didn't make the WagonR in 1957

As philip says, go see an exhaust shop, lot simpler.
The title of the query said 2007 model - what's the problem with a 57 plate reference ?

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
The title of the query said 2007 model - what's the problem with a 57 plate reference ?
Because this is an international forum and a 57 plate means nothing to the rest of us. Year of registration is also meaningless. Year of manufacture is the critical item, month can also be critical in some cases.

I have several vehicles that were registered a year or 2 after manufacture and one is very different to the model manufactured in the year it was registered. Not every vehicle us registered in the year it was manufactured. What happens if its manufactured in November and not registered until the following February and the factory changes something significantly from the December production forward?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts