Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went for an inspection, and the shop decided I needed a new inner tie rod end because it was slightly loose. They ended up replacing not only the inner tie rod end, but also the front driver wheel bearings, because two of the lug nuts were stripped. Ever since I got the car back it's had a new rattling or clunking on slightly rough roads. The braking also has noticeably more vibration. I'm sure I need an alignment, but what could the rattling be? I replaced the front left stabilizer bushing and stabilizer endlink, but that had no effect. Any ideas?

thanks to all,
gabriel

·
Registered
853 Posts
,,,... but also the front driver wheel bearings, because two of the lug nuts were stripped....l
Explain this.....front bearing (one bearing per side) is independant of the hub..so....lug nuts....unrelated....or your description is innacurate. WHich lug NUTS ?
I've replaced inner tie rod on other cars...but nor on this one....however unles properly done, there is room for less than tight fit..hence possible vibration. I wish you can find the cause elsewhere.
Can you fill up your profile..where do you live ? ..is this a right hand or left hand drive? which model of SX4 &...etc.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant the wheel studs, rather than the lug nuts. The wheel studs were stripped where they fit into the wheel assembly, and taking apart the hub to replace them apparently means opening up the wheel bearings. Which apparently means getting new wheel bearings, rather than trying to put it back together with the old ones.

Is it obvious yet that I'm not a mechanic? :)

·
Super Moderator
12,347 Posts
What's obvious is that you need to find a mechanic/shop that you can trust.

For starters, no reputable shop would/should ever do a tie-rod replacement without doing an alignment afterwards, most wheel studs can be replaced without removing the hub, and most FWD hubs can be removed and replaced without disassembly of the bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts