Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im hoping you can point me in the right direction i just purchased my first susuki i replaced plugs, cleaned out throttle body,replaced maf,checked for vacuum leaks and checked for frayed or loose wires and the vehicle cuts out immediately when i shift into reverse or forward i even lifted front wheels off ground and still cuts out its like a security issue but im not sure why it would let me start the vehicle with key in ignition or just the key fob nearby any ideas would be greatly appreciated.the car is automatic and has about 123k miles thank you

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
hello everyone im hoping you can point me in the right direction i just purchased my first susuki i replaced plugs, cleaned out throttle body,replaced maf,checked for vacuum leaks and checked for frayed or loose wires and the vehicle cuts out immediately when i shift into reverse or forward i even lifted front wheels off ground and still cuts out its like a security issue but im not sure why it would let me start the vehicle with key in ignition or just the key fob nearby any ideas would be greatly appreciated.the car is automatic and has about 123k miles thank you
so, why did you replace all that stuff? and clean out the throttle body? have you checked for codes? is it auto? manual?

Lots of things can cause it to cut out like that. More details are required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the vehicle in a different city as runs and drives n drive car for my daughter ,had it towed to my house when i went to put it in my garage to clean it etc, battery was dead so i replaced it and thats when i found out that it did not move so i did all i knew that could cause this issue with no luck the car does not throw any sort of codes i took it to a mechanic to check out and he said it was not telling his scanner any codes as well advised me i should take it to suzuki dealership unfortunetly the closest one is 80 miles away its automatic with 123k miles

·
Registered
835 Posts
...I am facing the same thing now and don't know what to do.
Fill up profile/signature with details of car, year, engine, location, etc....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts