Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport and a few weeks ago the engine light came on and fuel efficiency went down. The on board fuel consumption reader (kms per litre) was also erratic, so immediately I assumed it was the Oxygen Sensor/Sensors.

I scanned it with my OBDII reader and the following codes appeared

P0133 - O2 Sensor circuit slow response Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0131 - O2 Sensor circuit low voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0134 - O2 Sensor circuit no activity detected Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0132 - O2 Sensor circuit high voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0171 - System too lean Bank 1

I also checked the Data Stream information about the sensors and the following was shown

Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S1) - 0.005V

Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S2) - 1.115V

After all this it was recommended by a local mechanic the Oxygen Sensors need to be replace. I ordered aftermarket ones and replace them, cleared any codes and reset the computer. About ten minutes down the road the engine light comes back on and fuel consumption is still terrible. I spoke to my local Suzuki Dealer and they said they have had an issue with cheap aftermarket sensor causing the light to come back on and causing terrible fuel consumption. I don?t know how much truth there is behind those reports though.

Has anyone had any issues like these? Would it be best replace the sensors with genuine/better quality sensors? Any other ideas on what it could be?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts