Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i posted a month ago about a valve cover leak. Found out it was leaking from the inner part of the seal inside the spark plug chamber. Only the first plug on the right has oil very little. Now i replaced the seals was fine for a week then started leaking in the same area. Note this was done by a suzuki certified mechanic. It started when it got cold cause it was warm when i replaced it. Could the cover itself be warped. Doesnt look warped but a fraction of a mm can cause it to leak. Any body change valve covers with success. I believe the deal cover comes with the seals. Thanks

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
valve cover leeks seem to be a problem on these cars. one of the fixes seems to be to add a small washer to the the bolts that hold down the valve cover . also check the bolts a few weeks after instillation and make sure all bolts are still tight. as for the cover warping? i dont think so unless youve had an overheating issue but anything is possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just change the spark plugs and the gasket seals on my friends car and I noticed that the valve cover does look a little warped. after about 30 minutes it started to run to get the oil was leaking again I'm going to reopen it to see if Paul is back inside the spark plug chamber

1 - 4 of 4 Posts