Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Grand Vitara is sometimes not idling correctly acting like it will stall at a stop and then when I gun it that sometimes clears it up. 164K miles and had the same problem twice now and spent hundreds of dollars but months later it happens again. Just sent it to the shop and last time they fixed it but since it keeps happening looking for reasons why. No codes and no check engine light yet and doing this intermittently for now but problem is it will get worse until it is barely running if I don't figure out what is wrong. Also feels like it could be a little misfire when it does this and a bit of a vibration in manual stick shift. 2007 model. Just changed oil and even tried adding a little seafoam to gas but not making any difference. Think last time he changed spark plugs and cleaned gunk out of something but since this keeps happening I can't figure out why it comes back after months of driving fine.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
As part of my diagnosis there are several items I would check first (instead of firing parts cannon)
  • Bidirectionally test the EGR system,
  • Clean the PCV,
  • Clean the throttle body
  • Bidirectionally test the EVAP system..
Then clear all codes active /pending, erase all learned data, and reinitialize the ECU

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Which engine?

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
2.7L 6 cylinder
Thanks, if it was the 4 cyl I had a couple of extra things to check, but Philip's advice above is a good place to start

1 - 5 of 5 Posts