Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Want to lift my 2007 2.7L v6 4door LWB grand vitara more than 40/50mm lifts that brands like dobinson etc sell but no one sells lifts bigger than this and i cant find the reason why beside "40mm is safest lift height". Is it possible to lift it higher? If so where do i buy the lift? Do i have to 40mm suspension lift + 45mm strut/spring spacers? How do i camber correct for sus+spacer lift? Thank you so much for ur help.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
you will at the very least need longer control arms, longer axles and some serious suspension mods to keep it road legal and driveable. 40 mm is safest you can go on the factory fitted axles and suspension. AFAIK nobody does longer arms or CV axles for these, but you may find something that fits. If you do, let the rest of us know so we can do it too and still drive it on the road.
Check your state regs too for legality of a lift of this magnitude.

·
Registered
165 Posts
40mm is the most offered as it is the max the CV angle can handle afaik.
I did a 30mm and I am going to add the OME lift spring that are .75 lift.
You also need to move the rear caster arm down to maintain the rear alignment. Suzuki offers a OEM hanger but you can also spece it down with a custom spacer.
IMHO your safest bet is a sub-frame drop. I have seen custom lifts for 60-80mm but no off the shelf kits offered.
As talked about by 2013, make sure it is safe. I have no rules in the US but I am opting for the safest option available and if more than 40mm is needed I should consider a rig with solid axles front and rear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With + 40 mm what is the new CV´s working angle?
Do you know who is the manufacture of the suzuki CV axles? maybe is possible contact with them to check the maximun angle allowed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Another option is to get an aftermarket front bumper. This will allow for a larger tire and give additional lift. 40mm and tires will make for a great rig without sacerficing safety.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Update on the lift part numbers. For the rear the EOM parts numbers are below. Not sure if you can still get them.

41045-BEG00-000
41044-BEG00-000

Noticable different

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you very much for the reference! I didn't know there were original suzuki parts to make the lift.

As far as I can see it comes from the Brazilian kit for the Grand Vitara 4Sport. I had read about it but didn't know it was ever sold.
In addition to the new rear arm positions, longer suspensions, do you know if they modified anything else so as not to force the CV axles?
I read that they gave +6.5cm more height.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Unless you can reference an aftermarket high angle CV shaft or perform a diff drop it is recommend not to go over 2". I have found no place offering such a lift unless you source a market in Russia.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks Mikebtte.
How do you know max angle support by the OEM CV is reach with a 2" lift kit? I mean, it is totally safe 2" or maybe CVs are on the limit? Some stores only sell a 1,5" kit.
I would like to lift the car, but I´m worried with shorten the lifetime of them (CV axles), and the bushing arms.
That´s the reason I would like to know how can be calculate the max lift allow without causing futher problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The cv angle when lifted 40mm is still perfectly fine and they could easily go another 40mm lift, my friend has a 40mm lift and his cv's are fine which is why i want to lift it higher. The bushes might suffer more however but with a 40mm lift they dont last long anyway so that does worry me.
I installed a 2 inch suspension lift from Low Range off Road and R75 tires and it gives you decent clearance on a 2001, you need new camber bolts to correct the wheel alignment. You can also order longer rear shocks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just a follow-up in case anyone is looking. For additional lift you would need a "body lift" suspension drop. This would allow the use of lift springs and spacers. You would have to make the spacers yourself but seems pretty straight forward.

Location I found the link

Link, Google translate

Good info
unnamed.jpg

This only drops the suspension and makes room for bigger tires. Ground clearance will not be much more and would for sure need to use the new numbers to drop the rear links.

41045-BEG00-000
41044-BEG00-000

If you really want to put in the work you may as well integrate a frame and solid axles. So long as you find axles with reluctor rings to keep that ABS light happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts