Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The speaker located next to my doorhandle has started to go out. I've been searching the internet for the size and make/model of said speaker to replace it, but cannot find anything.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi Inphared welcome to the forum! im surprised youve had trouble finding the sizes. ive gone to places like best buy and theyve had a listing for the sizes. anyway, the front speakers are 6.5 and i believe the rears are 5.25 but use a plastic ring for mounting in a larger hole. you should be able to get a 6.5 in there if you take the plastic ring out. i have 6.5's in all four doors of my car. anything else just ask!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hi. What's in the car is called component speakers. A matched set of a speaker and a tweater. The speaker is in the lower door and, what your talking about, the tweater is located by the door handle. The speaker takes care of the mids and lows and the tweater takes care of the highs. If all you want to do is replace the tweater I would call a dealer. I think it might be hard for you to find a seperate tweater that would be comparable to the factory one. Usually the seperate tweaters they sell are pretty high quality and would just be overpowering. I think it's maybe a one inch tweater possibly a little more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.