Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend was driving my Forenza the other day, got not even a mile down the road, and the car stalled on her. She said she heard a hiss like something released pressure, then all the lights came on on the dash and the car died. She swears there was no grinding, jarring, vibration, or any other alarming sounds. We towed it home and looked it over, but I'm having trouble finding what the issue is.

Here's what I've got:
-no check engine light/codes thrown (using cheapo scan tool)
-Absolutely no compression in any of the cylinders
-Camshafts still rotate when cranking (which means the timing belt isn't broken)
-Pistons still move when cranking
-No grinding/scraping sounds at all
-Fuel pressure at rails is 55psi when cranking

The car has over 120,000 miles and it sat for a long time before I bought it, so I've had to replace almost every gasket and rubber hose on it. I'm just confused as to how there could be no compression whatsoever in ANY of the cylinders. Would a blown head gasket do that? Are all my valves bent? Should I expect the head to come out in pieces? Help!

Respectfully,
-BM

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend was driving my Forenza the other day, got not even a mile down the road, and the car stalled on her. She said she heard a hiss like something released pressure, then all the lights came on on the dash and the car died. She swears there was no grinding, jarring, vibration, or any other alarming sounds. We towed it home and looked it over, but I'm having trouble finding what the issue is.

Here's what I've got:
-Camshafts still rotate when cranking (which means the timing belt isn't broken)

The car has over 120,000 miles and it sat for a long time before I bought it, so I've had to replace almost every gasket and rubber hose on it. I'm just confused as to how there could be no compression whatsoever in ANY of the cylinders. Would a blown head gasket do that? Are all my valves bent? Should I expect the head to come out in pieces? Help!

Respectfully,
-BM
she heard a "hiss" ??? check water hoses, does radiator have water in it? if its lost water at speed while running the head will have warped, blown the head gasket in multiple places and this will explain no compression. At best its a head plane, block resurface and a head gasket. at worst its a cooked motor.

check cam timing, if its jumped a tooth then valves could be bent, but i'm putting money on a loss of coolant caused by a burst hose or burst radiator tank. One at work burst the bottom tank at 100 kph, driver heard it go, shut down immediately, but it still warped the head to the stage the cam journals were out of alignment. We replaced the motor after stripping it and seeing the damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Here's what I've got:

Respectfully,
-BM
if you don't have any compression i'll bet timing belt has stripped teeth. pull the belt cover check timming marks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts