Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!!

I had to replace both my rear bearings on my 2007. One was broken and the other one had a broken ABS sensor. I went all over the net to find some information about them but couldn't find much so here is my gift: some photos (attached) and a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xK3fX6dGY

I'd like to add that it is not necessary to remove the drive shaft to remove the bearing assembly, as stated by the service manual.

Also, we've found that the sensor CAN BE EASILY REMOVED from the assembly and could be replaced if there was some supply for it. I've ve included a picture of the sensor removed from the hub.

I hope this helps someone, as I really wanted to have this information :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
WHere did you get the bearings and at what price?

·
Registered
899 Posts
..bearing off without driveshaft removal ?? !
since this is a bolt off-bolt on hub/bearing unit, I understand it can be pulled off easily...this is similar to my Pontiac Transport ..I have changed front bearing/hubs units easily several times with the driveshaft in place...same with son's GrandPrix.....in fact, normal procedure, there is no reason to remove the driveshaft.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CAD $
Some scrap yards have them for like 125$
Beauce Auto is listed for the SKF one, at 700$+tx ea (what a ripoff) and 400$ garage price.
NAPA is not listed
Canadian Tire is not listed either.
RockAuto.com has them for 285 + shipping
I didn't check at our local Suzuki center. Maybe I should have ;)

I got mine from an ontarian seller on eBay at 220ea shipped at my door. I bought two, and thought about buying all he had to resell them and keep some spare :p

As for the axle shaft, it's like LMP said. Easily removed. Here's a picture

One regret I have, is that I should have brushed and maybe painted the axl end to remove the rust that could get into the bearing and break the sensor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We used a 1 3/16" socket for the axle end nut, but I think it's a 30mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts