Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera in my 2008 disintegrated due to corrosion.

I know it's a common problem in the snow states but I can't find much on here about the issue. Has anyone had luck getting your dealer to goodwill the fix? Is there a TSB or extension for this issue?

Here is what my camera looked like

Can an aftermarket camera be easily adapted to the factory harness??? It looks like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I apologize for the double post. I'm using tapatalk and the first post didn't show up for some reason so I posted again. Mods feel free to delete one thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone adapted an aftermarket camera to the factory harness??? I bought a camera and I haven't started cutting wires yet.... Why would there be 5 wires for the stock camera?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone on here have access to the factory service manual diagrams? I need a pin out of the backup camera. If anyone has it, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I figured this out on my own. If anyone is interested in how to replace the OEM camera with an aftermarket one, it is very easy. I can explain if there is interest. Otherwise I'm not going to bother since there appears to be no activity here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have a 2007 Xl7 Platinum edition which didnt come with backup camera but have the factory Nav. I would like to install an aftermarket backup camera if possible. Can you send me the instructions please ? Thanks.
Well I figured this out on my own. If anyone is interested in how to replace the OEM camera with an aftermarket one, it is very easy. I can explain if there is interest. Otherwise I'm not going to bother since there appears to be no activity here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't have factory backup camera I'm not sure if I can help. You will have to see if your head unit has a plug for a camera. If it does, you can buy an adapter to plug into that spot and then simply plug any aftermarket camera to that. You will also have to tap into the reverse bulb at the back to power the camera when you shift to reverse. And u will have to run the wires from the head unit all the way to the back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My situation was different because I had the factory wiring already in place for the camera so I just had to cut and solder the wires to make an aftermarket camera work with the factory camera wiring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know what you figured out regarding installing a new backup camera. I'm getting just a blue screen now for a few seconds. What brand and model aftermarket unit did you end of using? Any help you could give me in this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 XL7 Limited, it did not come with the camera, I am just trying to figure out where the OE camera was mounted. There doesn't seem to be a single photo of the OE installation on the web.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts