Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2006 Suzuki Reno, she had her full checkup and timing belt replacement not too long ago at 60k, she is currently at 83k miles now. Here recently she had her radiator completely replaced but I can't remember if the rattle on startup was before or after the radiator she only rattles when she sits for a long while mostly in the morning and rarely for the rest of the day. The rattle lasts for anywhere between 2-5 seconds and only 4 sessions so far where she has gone longer. I was told my timing belt tensioner or it could be my other belts tensioner, I am really stressed as to which one it might be, she is not driven rough and never had any issues until this year. Any ideas on what this might be? Just need a good answer so I know how much money I need to cough out.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi, welcome to the forum! you really just need to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. it could be your idler pulleys making noise or it could simply be your hydraulic lifters making some noise until the oil gets flowing. something like this is pretty difficult to diagnose when your not there in person. try to narrow down where the sounds coming from. let us know what you find out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to be sure, is it a rattle, or a shudder? Does it sound like metal? Is it a ticking noise that keeps in time with the engine? Do the rpms dip at all?

My car, every once in a while, will rattle/shudder on startup. I believe it to be my idle controller sensor. I need to clean it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
brasco18 if your getting a rattling sound at startup it could also be your hydraulic lifters. they can make some noise until the oil get flowing and they adjust.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No, I'm not getting a rattle. Every once in a while I will get a bit of a shudder, like the rpms drop down and get too low, then come back up. I read on here that it might be the idle controller needs cleaning. I was just seeing if Fuber could be more specific on what kind of "rattle" it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts