Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2006 Reno was being weird today. Previously, it would start and the engine would choke out during warm-up. Also, shifting into gear would cause the car to jump. I took it to a mechanic, they changed the oil and transmission fluid and ran a diagnostic and said everything was fine.

This morning, when I turned it on, the engine revved up pretty gnarly and the rpm went up and down between 1k-3k really quickly while I was in park. When I started driving, the engine not quite stalled (it would get really quiet like it was off, and then come back to life quickly).

I unfortunately am not trained in auto repair and I am asking if there is something I can try to do myself to fix the problem? Or at least know what could possibly be going on so that I can tell the mechanic to look at that thing specifically.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi dudelet welcome to the forum!! ok it sounds like it might be your IAC valve or idle air control valve. if it gets to dirty or starts to go bad it can cause the car to stall when at idle or cause the rpm's to jump. does your problem happen at idle or when coming to a stop? unfortunately i think your car is a drive by wire model (your gas pedal controls the throttle with electronics) so im not positive where your IAC is, i have the older model with a cable throttle ( my gas pedal controls the throttle with a direct cable connection). the throttle bodies on the two models are different. the problem will progressively get worse and eventually the car wont want to sit at idle at all and will bring up a code and light on your dash. you might want to mention the IAC valve to your mechanic. heres a threads of someone who had a problem with the sensor. you can see if it sounds like your problem
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-forenza-reno-forum/61378-rough-idle-only-startup-w-forenza.html
let me know. if you have any questions just ask!

·
Registered
1 Posts
P0700?????

Having similar problem my reno is idling. 1-3 Going 5 mph check engine light goes off and on. it comes on i feel a kick in car anf it idles crazy. if car comes to a stop n u try to accelerate feels like going to stall Went to Au,tozone they said code P0700 Car dealer round here said he never seen code

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi Rayna Reno welcome to the forum! my guess is they didnt want to work on your car lolol p0700 is a general transmission code im sure theyve seen one before. im assuming you have an automatic? was there another code present or just that code? im not sure what you mean by "1-3 Going 5 mph check engine light goes off and on" whats the 1-3? when your at a stop does the car idle, stall, or stumble like its going to stall? once it gets going does the car drive normally? let us know. anything else just ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
My FIX : replaced the MAP sensor (64 bucks with new wire harness on Amazon)

located under the fuel rail, resolved my issue. Two 10mm bolts hold down the fuel rail.

and one E12 Female torx socket to remove bolt holding MAP sensor.

( I used an 8mm 12 point socket to remove The bolt holding the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a very similar issue. For several years, on occasion, my 2005 Reno would idle very high when first started. It would last sometimes as long as 10 minutes before the idle would go back to normal. It also started occasionally almost dying or dying when idling/coming to a stop. Today it is idling very low, dying at stops, but has added a new symptom. It started bogging down when I give it gas and sounds like it may be misfiring.

After reading this forum and some other sites, I took off the IAC valve and cleaned it and replaced it. I also unplugged it, started the car, turned it off and plugged it back in to try to reset the sensor. None of this has fixed the issue, and if anything it is worse. I don't mind getting a new IAC valve, but I don't want to chase down a problem if there is a more likely fix.

Any advice is appreciated on where to go from here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.